Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2011

End of the Semester....Need......Food!

So as we get closer to the end of the semester all students are facing one issue: we have very little declining left!

Look at the beginning of the semester I had $500 in my declining balance and used it without hesitation through the months. I have as of today $64 left in my declining balance. Now this is probably just enough to make it through the next 14 days I am here at school especially with my ability to use unlimited at Douglas and Danforth. However, I have noticed some things over the past week or so.

As people start losing declining and notice that their balance is getting under $100 or so they start spending less at the Pit and Starbucks. This has lessened my late night trips, study breaks, and just boredom to go get some Panda Express or coffee. And it could not have come at a worse time.

Look Danforth and Douglas are great, they have edible unlimited food, but it never changes and I'm sick of it, but the Pit has varieties and stuff from the "real world."Coffee is becoming more of an essential as finals near and I am up late writing papers or studying. So when I need my declining the most, I see I have the least available.

So people have responded. People buy less. They use declining less often. People (yes I have seen it) steal. And the Pit and Starbucks have done NOTHING! As a company, these restaurants should be ashamed. Here's what I say: We should have a system where we save about $50 for finals week when we want to use our declining the most. Also turn off the light up screens that say our balance when we check out. We can easily have a system where we check a price online if we care that much and we just get a bill at the end of a semester telling us how much we owe for our declining spent. This way people won't stop their spending in a time that spending is most encouraged and companies will prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment